Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not a Morning person

This morning Kennedy woke up at 5:45am.
Let me clarify- she did not wake up for the day, she just woke up fussy.
Daddy was already gone for work, so Mommy scooped up the crying baby and brought her to the giant bed.
When 8am rolled around, the Little Monster was still asleep.
Not long after 8am, she began to stir...eventually rolling over, grabbing my face with both hands and giving me a big good morning squeeze!
My favorite way to start the day!
I could have laid in bed all morning with my little wiggle girl. Unfortunately, the bigger wiggle (long awake herself) was on the other side of me squirming away as a not so subtle reminder today is a school day.
I jumped out of bed to begin the morning routine.
Pick out clothes for each girl, grab a diaper for the littlest, panties for the bigger, squirt bottle to tame the bed head, comb, 'ponies' for the hair, sippie cups with chocolate milk, waffles in the toaster and return to my room to begin dressing the kids.
Usually by this point I have 2 shadows following me around asking a billion questions.
Not this morning.
The little one did not want to get out of bed!

I made the bed around her, she was un-phased.

She must have thought I would make her completely into the bed and she could hide out there all day unnoticed.

Not so much.

When she realized it was a school day, too she finally crawled out of bed ready to begin her day.
In some ways she is completely her father's child!
But this, this is all Mommy!

No comments: