Sunday, September 05, 2010

Madison's Song

Every night, after we brush the girls' teeth, Mommy, Madison, and Kennedy start the tuck in process.
We usually start with a book.
Lately, the three girls pile into the glider, flip on the night stand light, read, and rock.
Then Madison moves into her big girl bed, we flip off the light, and Kennedy rocks with Mommy by herself. Then the singing begins. 'A dream is a wish your heart makes.....I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.....go to sleep my baby dear, go to sleep and do not fear.....'. Somewhere in the middle of singing, Kennedy is placed in her 'cib' and Madison gets her rocking turn.
Tonight Madison said, "I want you to sing the polka dot song".
"Madison, what is the polka dot song?"
"I'll tell you....Polka dot, I love you, I love you, I love you alot".
Ah- our songwriter. So sweet.

No comments: