Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9:52PM

It's 9:52PM.
I'm catching up on some work in the Surprise room (do you know about the surprise room? I'll do a post on it soon), mostly blogging.
Normally the house is quiet but for the creaks and whirls of the night by now.
Tonight, I heard a soft banging....that didn't seem to stop.
Yep, just as suspected- Madison has her legs up on the wall next to her bed and is sliding them around and thumping the wall.
9:52PM and my child is still awake!
She's been in bed since 8:40 this evening.
What can she possibly be thinking about that keeps her up so late?
This is not unusual for Madison.
Sometimes, when I sneak into bed after a late night of sewing, painting, crafting, creating I hear my sweet girl tossing in her bed. Usually she calls out and asks me to lay with her.
As a child I was a champion sleeper. Gramm's best napper!
As an adult, I'm a night owl. Up til the wee hours, then begging for 5, 10, 15 more minutes in the morning. Is Madison picking up on my habits?
Hmmm....

No comments: