Thursday, August 12, 2010

Followers?

We started this blog back in 2006 as a way to share the goings on of our precious little baby girl with our friends and family so very far away.
Over the years we (ok- I, let's face it- Matt doesn't blog) have had our blogging ups and downs.
Now, nearly 4 years after the birth of our first little girl, why do I blog?
Do I blog to keep everyone up to date on our family?
Do I blog as a release?
Do I blog for comments?
Do I blog to avoid my children?!
OK- Maybe a little of all those things...hey, I'm just being honest! I love my girls, but whew- sometimes a small break is in order!
As I've mentioned before, I love to blog hop....craft blogs, family blogs, money saving blogs....so many great stops out there in blogland.
I can't help but notice some of these fabulous bloggers have hundreds, nah- thousands of followers!
Now I know I am inconsistent with my blogging, and I realize we are not that exciting....no multiples, no life changing stories, no amazing crafting or saving capabilities...just a mommy, a daddy, a big sister, a little sister, and a dog, along for the ride of life.
None the less, it makes me a little sad logging in to see 7 little followers. Not to say I am not grateful for my incredible followers- but I know there are more of you out there.
Do you follow me?
Will you click? Will you 'follow' us?
Do you like what you read? Do you think it's ridiculous? Leave a comment and let me know.
It makes me happy, and every mom needs a little more happy in her day!
It's the little things, right?

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Ok- I am one of the seven- but I wanted to tell you I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BLOG!!! Maybe put a free counter thingy like I have on my blog. I have 50 followers, but the counter thingy makes me feel better!

Mama Joey said...

I just happened to check my "most read blogs" sidebar and came across yours. Love your blog, you have a wonderful, beautiful family!

I too look at blogs for inspiration - and you've inspired me to do something similar to your chalkboard for your girls...

Sam Zavitz said...

See, you say 'a measly seven followers.' I say 'Woohoo! I'm one of the Elite 7!'

I do understand about wanting follower numbers, though...