Thursday, May 26, 2011

Not so

The girls are at school today. I'm at home.
It's my 'mommy day'.
Summer is fast approaching. Time to finally move more shorts into the drawers than pants.
As I sat in the girls room a few minutes ago going through Madison's clothes it hit me.
My little girl.
My first born.
The reason I became a Mommy.
She's not so little anymore.
Nearly all her size 4s are too small.
Some of the size 5s, too. Where did my little girl go?
As I pack away all Kennedy's size 2s, and even some size 3s...where did my baby go?
It's very likely the last time Kennedy wore those clothes will be the last time they are worn in this house. by one of our children. My heart breaks.
I can't seem to stop the tears. Where did my babies go?
Where has the time gone?
How did this happen so fast?
I want my babies back.

1 comment:

Emily Zavitz said...

http://kaileykate.blogspot.com/2010/03/if.html

Oh, sister. . .have I ever been there. I know exactly what you're feeling, and those uncontrollable emotions are so hard. . . I've been trying to be excited about all the "big kid" things we do now instead of mourn the loss of the babies.