Thursday, April 28, 2011

Friday

Madison's teacher sent me a text message this evening- a perk of working at the school!

Miss Elizabeth: I forgot to tell you. Today Madison told me tomorrow is Friday. That's the day the Prince gets married to the Princess. I'm assuming she's talking about the Royal Wedding?

Mommy: Oh yes. She's been so excited about a princess wedding since I first told her. She will not be staying up to watch. I'll show her pictures.

Miss Elizabeth: Only your daughter. You two are funny.
***

My mom and I used to stay up to watch the Miss America pageant every year. The way I see it- this is the Miss America pageant of the CENTURY! If I wasn't running a 101 degree fever, coughing, sneezing, achy all over, I might go get her out of bed and camp out on the sofa for the next 5 hours!
Here's to William and Kate and a little girl dreaming of a Princess Wedding!

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

So cute! Charlie and I watched a few minutes of the "re-cap" this morning. I was telling him about the princess and saying "oh pretty" (two words he knows and understands) and his response was "mama, nooooo" as in "let me down, I want to go back to playing with my trucks" I wish I was closer- we could have had a princess party with people that appreciate a good royal fairy tale!