Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On the way home from school

Today was a great one.

Madison: 'Mommy, Why don't angels fly in a straight line so we can follow them?'

Mommy:, 'Well, Angels fly all over the place. Some fly in a straight line, but they are invisible so we can't see them.'

Madison: 'I can see them with my ears'

Mommy: 'How can you see them with your ears?'

Madison: 'I have eyes in my ears but they are invisible'

Mommy: 'Ahh...How do you see with the eyes in your ears?'

Madison: 'Like this' (opening eyes super wide and stretching face extra long) 'See, Mommy?'

Oh, it's all so much clearer to me now. Eyes in her ears. Got it.

1 comment:

Jenny Lynn said...

hahha - isn't it so funny what they say! My nieces are always saying funny things. The other day my sister-in-law said this to her 3 year old, "And Jesus died for our sins on a ....." waiting for her to fill in the blank. My niece waited for a second, thinking, and then said "picnic table!".
At least she picked something wood, right?