Wednesday, January 19, 2011

12:30am

Last night at 12:30am I was up, working on my personal blog and updating the shop with new products.
Kennedy started fussing a little...wimpering, then quietly calling, 'mama...mama'.
Typically we let her cry it out a little in the middle of the night instead of running right in to pick her up.
Well tonight, maybe 60 seconds went by and she went from the quiet fussing to the super irritated, 'MAAHH ME!'
She sounded like she was scolding me.
I couldn't help but laugh- then run in to quiet her from waking her sister.
When I rushed it she announced, 'I has go tee tee on da potty seat'
I scooped her up, ran her into the bathroom, clicked on the florescent light, plopped her on the potty seat, then looked at her sweet face. Her eyes were still shut. She bobbed her head down on my shoulder, hugged me, then went potty right there on the potty seat- in the middle of the night.
I wiped and put her back together, carried her back to her room and put her back in her crib with not so much as another peep.
I'm still not convinced she was completely awake, but WOW! Day 5 of full time big girl panties and she's already a pro!
Go Kennedy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! I love those nights because it's a little bit of snuggle time while they're actually sleeping. How awesome that she woke up enough to tell you! WTG Kennedy! (and I love the way she talks!) :)